It isn’t easy to accept that your teen has turned to drugs, but you don’t have time to lose. You have to find the right teen outpatient drug rehab that will help your teen reclaim their sober life. Don’t worry if you find yourself overwhelmed with all the treatment facilities available in Los Angeles. Having options is good and will give your child better chances at being in an environment suited for their needs.
Shorten your list of rehab centers down by following these steps:
- Establish your teen’s needs and rehab goals
Discuss with your child what their rehab goals are. Determine what substances and behaviors they want to recover from. Find out if they have any co-existing mental health disorders because these can also be addressed during treatment.
Let your child visualize what success would entail for them. Goals will act as guidelines throughout the recovery process, giving your child a sense of commitment when doubts start creeping in.
- Get in touch with a professional
You can consult with drug problem professionals to know exactly what your child’s options are. There may be aspects that you aren’t aware of, so these experts can guide you in making the right decision. They can even connect you with a rehab suitable for your child’s rehab goals. You don’t have to look for help on your own. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with trained people to ensure the best care for your teen.
- Investigate probable treatment options for your teen
Before committing to a teen drug rehab facility, conduct extensive research on all your viable options. Your child is unique, as is their drug problem. A rehab center that understands this should be your primary choice. An individualized program specifically tailored for your teen is crucial to a successful recovery.
Visit the websites of your top rehab candidates and familiarize yourself with their amenities and therapies. Contact them with your questions. A good facility will be as committed to your child’s recovery as you are.
Evaluating a drug rehab program and its effectiveness
An effective program does not limit itself to addressing the patient’s drug abuse. It should also include valuable life skills lessons, like how to mend severed relationships, employment training, suggestions on how to restart school, and more.
You can talk to other parents to see if a particular rehab center has managed to help their child. Parents can offer you an honest opinion about a rehab center’s effectiveness since they can sympathize with what you and your child are going through.
Choosing the best inpatient treatment program for your teen
Inpatient treatment programs provide around-the-clock care. Ensuring a successful recovery can be challenging, so the patient must have as much support as possible. Inpatient programs are best suited for drug addiction because they provide a much more immersive experience than teen outpatient drug rehab.
Inpatient treatment programs often revolve around:
- Detox — Your teen will undergo safe detoxification from the substances present in their system. Since they are doing it in a controlled environment, they have access to immediate help should any issues emerge during withdrawal.
- Individual Therapy — Your teen will be able to analyze their current situation in a one-on-one setting with a professional. These sessions can provide your child insight into the root causes of their drug addiction and how to avoid future issues.
- Group therapy — This kind of therapy is an excellent way for your teen to mingle with other patients going through a similar situation. This will allow your teen to understand different perspectives and help them overcome their obstacles.
- Family therapy — Joining your teen in therapy can be an effective way of understanding the situation. Showing your support in your teen’s recovery can have a positive effect on their progress. Your bonds can also be mended in these sessions. Rebuilding a relationship with your teen can provide them with the additional strength they need to recover.
Choosing a drug rehabilitation program is more complex than it seems. Many factors are worth considering when it comes to inpatient or outpatient programs. What works for one child will not necessarily work for another, but we hope that this guide has given you some tips on how to start your search. When in doubt, ask for guidance and do plenty of research to give your teen the best chance at recovery.